If I were a journalist who focused on queer pop culture, my headline today would be: The L Word: & You Thought the Writing/Acting/Plots Could Not Get Any Worse. There were several point last night where I was actually laughing at how horrible it was. Bringing back Marina was nice, but my first thought was, "woah, the last time she was on the show, it was actually kind of good and kind of hot." That was sad.
They are actually creating this online queer female community (ourchart.com), which is awesome, but they actually incorporated it into the show, which I found to be very, very dumb. Don't endorse your own products. Next thing you know the dialogue will be like this:
Bette: Oh Alice, I love your bracelet.
Alice: Thanks Bette! I bought it online at Love & Pride Inc, which you can actually get to by going to Showtime's website. Do you have Showtime? I love that new show on that network, The Tudors. Here, the Planet has wireless internet-- let's go to S-H-O dot com right now!
Plus, while the characters were busy hyping the new site (which is not up yet--it says it will be up in January), they mentioned that the purpose besides general social networking is to create a chart of all the women you have hooked up with. They described how women who have hooked up with 50+ girls are called hubs and create their own solar system.
Now maybe this was an exaggeration for the sake of the plotline, but if it's not, I have to wonder: who wants to make a list like that online!?!? Plus, if you have hooked up with 50+ girls, you may be a hub and you may have your own solar system, but you are also kind of gross. And of course the L Word character was all out to find the girl who slept with 1300 women, when all I can think is-- I'd like to steer clear of that walking STD.
Monday, January 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
agent car company home insurance life quote rate
mercury car insurance
admiral car insurance
direct car insurance
new jersey car insurance
cheap car insurance rate
churchil
l car insurance
geico car insurance
car insurance uk
car insurance quote uk
cheap car insurance quote uk
compare car insurance rate
geico car insurance
norwich union car insurance
auto insurance quote
nationwide car insurance
car insurance canada
texas car insurance
cheap car insurance rate
progressive car insurance quote
car accident insurance
compare car insurance rate
florida car insurance
car insurance for mexico
california car insurance
compare car insurance
car insurance canada
agent car company home insurance life quote rate
teen car insurance
progressive car insurance
http://cheap-car-insurance.quickfreehost.com
Random Keyword: :)
car insurance
Post a Comment